·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eh, this line must be wrong and they are confusing the 'S' for the 'X', right?
"The score of 99 means the Tesla (TSLA) Model S, a sedan that can seat as many as seven people, performed as well or better than any automobile the magazine has ever tested.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
482 Posts
Comeon' bro ... Tesla is not the FIRST car to do 'that' ;o|

Now, since we are on the subject of Tesla, I find Elon's latest Tweet to be intriguing: "There is a way for the Tesla Model S to be recharged throughout the country faster than you could fill a gas tank."

You can follow 'Ironman" at: https://twitter.com/elonmusk

·
Registered
718 Posts

I'm ready for the Model T (truck)

·
Administrator
20,777 Posts
That makes 2 electric cars getting exceptionally top marks from owners, the Chevy Volt and the Tesla Model S.

Will CR and the public see this and conclude that maybe electric is worth a very serious look? Or will it be a "Yes, but..." response?

·
Administrator
20,777 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Can't believe the coverage this story got. Consumer Reports hates domestic cars. It loves the Scion/Subaru sport cars but the complains about the rear seat room on the new Malibu.
They should stick to toasters. A Model S is as useful as a toaster to me when on a long trip.

·
Registered
482 Posts
injay ... have you had something to eat today? You sound a little grumpy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am going to order the high performance Tesla S. It will go 265 mi on a charge. I will keep my 2012 Volt that I truly love. The hard part is selling my 50th Anniversary Corvette convertible. I love that car and was thinking about a 2014 Corvette convertible until I saw the Tesla.

·
Registered
482 Posts
gnelson...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Now, since we are on the subject of Tesla, I find Elon's latest Tweet to be intriguing: "There is a way for the Tesla Model S to be recharged throughout the country faster than you could fill a gas tank."
Sounds like some serious BS to me. Certainly they don't have anything TODAY that does this. Their supercharger rollout appears to be slow (or at least slower than Tesla owners would like). Even if they announced some new technology that could do this, it's certainly not going to be installed "throughout the country" right away.

Probably a case where he chose his words very carefully. Maybe there IS a way to fully charge the car in <10m, and maybe it IS theoretically possible that this system could be deployed anywhere in the country. Could also be that it's using cold fusion. Or maybe it costs $5m per station.

Hopefully he provides concrete data soon.

·
Registered
482 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts