GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This entire video from one of the "first five" Tesla Model S is pretty cool but I especially like reason #10 (at 2:14) - The volume goes to 11 -- A great 'easter egg' reference to the Spinal Tap movie

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Link please????.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Great video on the car, and nice background music too. The Telsa S and this video will help to convert more buyers into seriously considering an EV in their stable. While many of us VOLT owners consider a conventional ICE car so crude in the way it feels, sounds and in design, and then when you see the Telsa S it just confirms it even more.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Good video, a little worrisome to me as the acceleration seems far more than some people could handle. 0-60 in 4.4sec? I wonder if anyone will ball one up before they deliver #100?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I really like following Tesla for these little fun details in their Model S. I really had a good laugh when someone identified that the sound volume goes to 11. I'm sure there are more funny tidbits, one other I like on the specs page of the Model S is after listing that it has a horn they say, "beep, beep". I wonder what other funny easter eggs they have hidden on the webpage and inside the car?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Next time they record the acceleration, the cameraman should have his seatbelt on!

Definitely, I wish I could buy one!

·
Registered
86 Posts
What a fun video. I live about three miles away from the Tesla plant and have seen the Model S running around for a while as test cars. Now that they're in production, I see one everyday. They're absolutely beautiful. Maybe when my lease is up on the Volt, I'll get a base Model S.

The Volt has showed me that I can drive electric only over 90% of the time with just a 43 mile range (about what I've been getting). With a 160 mile range that the base Model S has, it would cover everything except for road trips, and that may still be possible with their fast charging technology.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With a 160 mile range that the base Model S has, it would cover everything except for road trips, and that may still be possible with their fast charging technology.
Tesla "Supercharging" will not be available on the 40KWh battery and is an option on the 60KWh battery. It is standard on the 85KWh battery (I'm pretty sure you don't need the "twin" chargers either...) see the "on the go" section of http://www.teslamotors.com/models/charging#/onthego

1 - 11 of 11 Posts