1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yes, and the second best ever tested and third best ever tested were also Tesla models!

Quite an achievement no matter how you slice it!!

Don

·
Super Moderator
6,244 Posts
Yes, and the second best ever tested and third best ever tested were also Tesla models!
Quite an achievement no matter how you slice it!!
Don

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I laughed when a commenter thought it unfair to compare an electric car's crash results with those of a gas engined car because the gas car had to unfairly contend with the heavy, non-crash absorbing engine. A suggestion was made to crash test gas car without their engine for a more fair comparison. Oh boy. That's some critical thinking there! Another helpfully pointed out the test is whether passengers are protected or not. If a gas engined car is harder to be a safe, there is an obvious solution... :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Very impressive :).
Let's see if other manufacturers can raise the bar in safety as well.
Model 3 would be such a perfect car if it had a HUD...

·
Registered
513 Posts
It would be even more impressive if they could trim away a few things here and there and lower the price by $10K so more people could afford one, while keeping the safety features - A HUD may be a nice tech feature which a few owners might appreciate, but it's just one more thing that's not really needed and bumps up the price where even fewer people can afford the car. I'm still waiting to see the long ago promised $35K Model 3 . . . . and I'm guessing it won't have a HUD. A $35K car would be closer to 'perfect' in my book

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts