1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
What a tool.:mad:
Low tire pressure.
Busy highway, at night.

edit:
Holimoli,,, then the subject of the speed rating of the tires was brought up in the comments.
But then the car manufacturer is responsible if this tool was over speeding his tires, correct?
edit 2:
Also, this tool was outrunning his headlights big time.
edit 3:
Luckily there are no deer or loose black cows in this area of OK.

Okies, what can you say,,, I work with a few. They think it's funny and manly to do stupid stuff....

And it will slow down once the cold soaked battery and motor starts to feel the heat of using max power.
It's just the nature of the EV beast.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The Bolt is fast enough to possibly get me stopped for a ticket (18 over is fringe for a warning) on a 75 mph freeway. Good enough for me.

Edit: make that 17 over. Bolt tops out at 92 mph. The coast was clear and the car accelerates well to it's top end. Even at 15F into a headwind.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Who said "electric cars" are slow!!!. So many times I have heard , you have an electric car , you must like to drive "slow". LOL

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
So what? Maximum posted speed limit in my area is 65 mph. The low tire pressure just demonstrates that some people are too stupid to be driving that fast.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yup, you go 80 mph in a 55 mph zone in our area, there will be four cop cars chasing you. So what's the use? We have plenty of freeway sections that have 55 mph posted speed limit, plenty of cameras, and cops waiting at the end of these sections.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yup, you go 80 mph in a 55 mph zone in our area, there will be four cop cars chasing you. So what's the use? We have plenty of freeway sections that have 55 mph posted speed limit, plenty of cameras, and cops waiting at the end of these sections.
Don't blame me, Officer, I wasn't driving....my CAR was :).......

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Does anyone else notice the shift away from Tesla-worship going on among posters in this IEV article? Other Model 3 articles show similar attitudes - lots of skepticism bubbling up without the usual heavy duty counter punching from Tesla loyalists. I'm thinking the Model 3 is going to meet some unexpected headwinds in the marketplace, should it ever get past its production delays.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
141 mph is pretty cool, but it's a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Not as fast as it's ICE competition, not useful for autobahn due to the effect on range, not suggested for track use.

20 years ago, low cost LS1 F-Body cars were going 155-162 mph. Today for $32k before discounts you can get a track prepped one (V6 1LE) that will sustain over 150 mph which is warranted for track use if you do not modify it.

If fast on a budget is your thing, the Model 3 isn't it. If high speed long distance travel is your thing, the Model 3 isn't it. If tracking your car is your thing, the Model 3 isn't it.

Will somebody chose a Model 3 over a Camry because the Model 3 will go 141 mph? No. And the BMW and Audis are faster.

·
Administrator
20,332 Posts
Don't blame me, Officer, I wasn't driving....my CAR was :).......
There is another video posted where the guy test driving the car immediately removes his hands from the steering wheel after his salesman puts the Model 3 into autopilot. The sales guy tell him he needs his hands on the wheel.

And that is the issue with these less than autonomous cars that are being sold as autonomous. People think the car just drives itself. The sales guy follows up with something to the effect that "the car is equipped for autonomous driving but they can't turn it on yet for legal reasons".

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
There is another video posted where the guy test driving the car immediately removes his hands from the steering wheel after his salesman puts the Model 3 into autopilot. The sales guy tell him he needs his hands on the wheel.

And that is the issue with these less than autonomous cars that are being sold as autonomous. People think the car just drives itself. The sales guy follows up with something to the effect that "the car is equipped for autonomous driving but they can't turn it on yet for legal reasons".
Yes, reckless driving is illegal. :D

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Oh look, someone did something stupid with a car to get attention. :rolleyes:

What a tool.:mad:
The bigger tool is the one who thought this was worthy of posting on IEV. You know very well it will attract more tools to do that same thing. The "do not try this" warning serves as encouragement. Human behavior 101.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I agree with Qinsp that this feature is useless. But on the other hand, just about every car I have ever driven has been capable of driving a ridiculous amount over the speed limit, or any sane speed for public roads. Why have car makers always made cars like that? I guess it is because people like knowing "they could" if they really wanted to. And I guess Tesla does not want to be criticized for being slow compared to a typical ICE car.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Good point!
I wonder what that tool has to say for himself?
He was probably stunned when his Tesla hit it's advertised specification. That's not entirely common with Tesla specs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts