·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Well it is a "completed project"...:)
Interesting that the installation was more than half done, when the 100 day clock was started...:)
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/10/teslas-100-days-to-fix-sas-power-actually-started-last-friday/
Speaking of being on time....

First installs were originally promised for February, then March, as of this week the Tesla Website has stopped giving an estimated install date. Read into that what you will…

I personally put down a deposit with Tesla for a Powerwall 2 for a promised March installation. If it gets installed in March I’ll eat my hat.
Battery price war sees Tesla Powerwall 2 beaten even before first deliveries

And we've already read about: Tesla Battery Supply Constraints Weigh on a Young Storage Industry

So if you're going high profile and promising free if not on time........ everyone else waits? I'm not sure. Don't remember now where I read that the SA project had to outsource some of the cells.

Oh, right - it was InsideEVs: Tesla’s Massive Australia Energy Storage Project Will Use Samsung Cells

We assume that Tesla is focusing the Gigafactory production on the battery cells for the Model 3, and the capacity is not there to deliver much elsewhere.
So it can be on time..... if the gigafactory isn't involved?

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Interesting that Tesla was only contracted to for storage not generation and they hit their storage solution out of the park.

Sometimes better and cleaner solutions cost more than diesel generators. As a matter of fact just about all green solutions are more expensive than their dirty counter part.
I don't think that's in question. The rest of the story is that it's not enough.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Speaking of being on time....

Battery price war sees Tesla Powerwall 2 beaten even before first deliveries

And we've already read about: Tesla Battery Supply Constraints Weigh on a Young Storage Industry

So if you're going high profile and promising free if not on time........ everyone else waits? I'm not sure. Don't remember now where I read that the SA project had to outsource some of the cells.

Oh, right - it was InsideEVs: Tesla’s Massive Australia Energy Storage Project Will Use Samsung Cells

So it can be on time..... if the gigafactory isn't involved?
OK we know you don't like Elon or Tesla so nice try.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
OK we know you don't like Elon or Tesla so nice try.
Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argumentative strategy whereby an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

I know it is great that Elon will have more work heading his way as demands increase. Thanks for pointing that out.
Sure, but as was pointed out in the articles it won't be coming from the gigafactory any time soon. As it is there seems to be some question about it producing enough batteries just for cars.

These are important concerns.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argumentative strategy whereby an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

Sure, but as was pointed out in the articles it won't be coming from the gigafactory any time soon. As it is there seems to be some question about it producing enough batteries just for cars.

These are important concerns.
I am sure the first person to be named WSJ innovator of the year will figure it out.

https://www.tesla.com/blog/elon-musk-named-innovator-year-technology-wsj-magazine

Or maybe the automotive exucutive of the year can figure it out.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/elon-musk-is-automotive-executive-of-the-year-17004.html

Or maybe the guy who recieved the Edison award can take care of it.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140130005359/en/Elon-Musk-CEO-Tesla-Motors-SpaceX-Receive

Either way they seem to be in good hands and I am sure they will figure it all out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts