GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
20,231 Posts
Cool.

I doubt the icers Make A-holes Great Again mindset would allow it to happen IRL. They travel in a pack to help bolster their mob courage while yelling obscenities at people trying to recharge. With that level of stunted emotional growth, how'd they manage to keep a job or make truck payments?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Some guy pulling his g/f's Silverado as a demo that a 5000lb Model X can safely tow a 5000lb truck out of the way. The superchargers weren't actually ICE'd.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool.

I doubt the icers Make A-holes Great Again mindset would allow it to happen IRL. They travel in a pack to help bolster their mob courage while yelling obscenities at people trying to recharge. With that level of stunted emotional growth, how'd they manage to keep a job or make truck payments?
OK. If I said the following to any of you that are old enough to imagine the me of today walking up to you back in the 70's or 80's or 90's and saying the following:

"He drove to the Vape store and had to tow the icers out of the way so he could get at the super chargers."

What would the you of the 70's, 80's or 90's think? ;)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
What impressed me was that, even if it was 4 wheel drive, it was able to pull the truck with locked rear wheels across wet pavement while he was on ice/now at melting point which is at it's slipperiest.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
"He drove to the Vape store and had to tow the icers out of the way so he could get at the super chargers."

What would the you of the 70's, 80's or 90's think? ;)
"He drove to the Vape Auto Parts Store and had to tow the curlers out of the way (they just finished the bonspiel next door but left their lights on) so he could get at the super chargers to get one for his hot rod he was building".

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
now try that w/ a 4wd diesel,much heavier than a 1500.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
now try that w/ a 4wd diesel,much heavier than a 1500.
Would have made no difference. The truck wasn't in 4WD (4wd not engaged, just e brake on). The extra weight of diesel is on the front axle with little extra weight on the back axle.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
My 4WD diesel weighs over 8000 pounds empty... Lots of people have them at 11k+ with extra fuel and tools in them. Even though I am pretty sure the car would tow it - I'd be worried that your hitch/strap could be an issue...

·
Registered
296 Posts
try that on dry pavement. My F250 Flatbed with 4wd engaged (which would be in those conditions) left in gear, (stick shift) and the parking brake on would have the Volt spinning its wheels in place. the rear end of pickups is very light weight and easy to drag. that is why 2wd trucks suck in the snow and many throw a few hundred lbs of sandbags in the back end of their pickups in winter.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
My 4WD diesel weighs over 8000 pounds empty... Lots of people have them at 11k+ with extra fuel and tools in them. Even though I am pretty sure the car would tow it - I'd be worried that your hitch/strap could be an issue...
I was just on the scales at the scrap yard,8460lbs w/ my azz in the seat.I have a few lbs of stuff in my truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts