1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
In a statement to Jalopnik, a Tesla spokesperson said the latest claims were part of an “ongoing organizing attempt” by the UAW, and “not surprisingly were nearly identical to their previous claims.”

“To be clear, the NLRB has made no determination on their merits,” the spokesperson said. “We remain focused on our mission to accelerate the world to sustainable energy, and continuing to make Tesla an even better place for our employees to work.”
A bit of irrelevant prose there. "We're the good guys here"? Tell us how your pay, benefits and working conditions are better than at a union plant if you want that title.

I've never been a UAW fan, but lately the UAW hasn't been particularly hard on car makers. I don't see Tesla being unionized as a bad thing. But that's just me - what do I know?

I know that I can negotiate for myself and I know that's not a skill that's common. In the Fremont area the folks are just happy to be employed for a change. What bothers me most is the irresponsible management of this company, and how that threatens the livelihood of the many who work there. When NUMMI went down it devastated that area.

·
Administrator
20,198 Posts
Tell us how your pay, benefits and working conditions are better than at a union plant if you want that title.
Look! Over there! We are sending a Roadster to Mars!" :)

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Best reply yet...and close to the real truth surrounding M3 deliveries.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Geez...I didn't realize the resale value was so bad you had to shoot your car into orbit to get rid of it...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't care about what people think about Tesla. However, putting a car into orbit around Mars (if they can pull it off) is really cool. I think Musk should also say he will give the title to the first person who brings it back :) ! If it is in orbit for thousands of years and we self destruct this planet, future space travelers will really scratch their heads when they find that relic.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Musk is like many of the corporate titans of the gilded age . Those companies eventually were forced to deal with unions and then workers were treated fairly and grew a middle class. Tesla is a classic union buster and I’ll never buy their products until they change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
......putting a car into orbit around Mars (if they can pull it off) is really cool......
They can as long as it's not attached to Zuckerberg's satellite, but can they land it? That's the bigger question. Getting it all the way to Mars, only to crash there is the worst kind of buzz kill.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
They can as long as it's not attached to Zuckerberg's satellite, but can they land it? That's the bigger question. Getting it all the way to Mars, only to crash there is the worst kind of buzz kill.
Musk has that covered...:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts