GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced issues with the Temporary Override Charging feature when you have Delayed Charging set?

I have delayed charging set to 11pm, but when I get to work, I select the Temporary Override feature in the vehicle, then plug in the charger (I use ChargePoint).

20 minutes later, I receive a text telling me that my vehicle is drawing very little power.
I then proceed to check my Vehicle Status using my RemoteLink app and it's telling me that it's set to Delayed Charging! WTH?!

Point is, the vehicle isn't syncing with the RemoteLink app. Also, shouldn't the settings on the car itself take precedence over what's on RemoteLink if they're not in sync? For example, if the RemoteLink loses Network Connectivity, settings from the vehicle itself should be used.

Am I missing something? It's happened to me so many times and ChargePoint charges you by the minute regardless of whether your drawing power or not.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
On earlier Volts, just plug it in twice within a few seconds. This will start immediate charging. Probably works the same way.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hm...

I'd venture to guess that it did start charging per the Temporary Override, but something caused an interruption, after which it reset to its default delayed charging settings. (?) That's just a guess tho.

If this has happened "so many times", have you been checking to make sure that it starts charging when you first plug in?

And is it the same charger (or, at least the same bank of chargers) that you use every time this happens?

(I'd kinda doubt that RemoteLink is actively changing the temporary settings on its own.)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'd venture to guess that it did start charging per the Temporary Override, but something caused an interruption, after which it reset to its default delayed charging settings. (?)
If the charging station suffers a power failure for, say, a minute and then comes back online I'd bet that the override would be cancelled. Same if someone came alone and unplugged you for a while. If that's true and if you're relying on charging at work then it might be a good reason to avoid using the "delayed charging setting. An alternative for delayed charging at home is to put your charger on a hot water heater timer that only turns it on after 11PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts