GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My iPhone has around 1500 contacts for my business. I have successfully connected the phone (both hard connection and via Bluetooth) to the car's audio system, but can't scroll past the "J's" in the phone book... Has anyone else encountered this and better yet, has anyone come up with a solution?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
My iphone has 4000 contacts, even its scrolling interface is pretty useless.
I did not even try to get the car to load them.

I just voice dial (or use the iphone itself mostly for favorites).
Voice dial with the following:
Hands Free
BlueTooth
Voice

Call XXXX Mobile

·
Registered
977 Posts
The bluetooth dialing interface definitely needs to be improved. I'm not sure how to safely scroll through 4,000 contacts (I have fewer) while driving. Perhaps help from voice recognition ("scroll to S ... M ... I ... T ...H") might work - but you'd still have to find the right Smith in your 4,000 contacts.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Yep.. the voice rec is still quite weak, but the iphones is better than the cars. I use longer aliases for people such as Bob smith from CMU (which is how I remember people anyhow..I'm better with places than names). So many of iphone contacts are a little wierd. I cannot find them by scrolling on the phone, I pretty much search to find people..

Mostly I try to initiate calls while not driving :)

But I do wish they had top-level commands for those..
Hands free.......(wait, repeat if it gets it wrong)... Bluetooth (... wait.. ) Voice (... wait)....
should just be
Voice (wait)..

·
Registered
39 Posts
My iPhone 4 has lots of contacts as well and if I scrolled to the m's I it would not display all of them under the M's but then go the n's without getting to the one I wanted. I then deleted my phone and then connected it again and now I have zero contact showing.
Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts