GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased two Volts this past year. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which tax prep software (H&R Block, TurboTax, Quicken etc.) has worked well to submit the necessary forms for claiming the Federal Tax Credit? I am concerned because I've seen a couple of posts that seem to indicate that some programs don't even have the required form. Ideally, the program would even contain a prompt asking whether an EV had been purchased in the prior year, but that's probably asking too much.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I also used TurboTax last year, and it was straightforward to claim the EV tax credit. As I recall, when you're going through the section where you enter your "normal" itemized deductions (such as mortgage interest, contributions, property taxes, etc.), there's a page that asks "did you do any of these things last year?". You check off any items on that list, and TT then prompts you to fill in the necessary forms. Purchasing an EV was among the items on that list.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
no problem using turbo-tax ( I did almost fill out the Golf-cart form ) and I did send in a AMT form with a zero at the bottom just in case.

The different levels on turbo-tax are for guided help in the past all the forms are available (IF the IRS has released them)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I used the desktop version of TaxACT last year, and got the full tax credit without any delay. I found the form within the program to fill out myself, though. It didn't ask if I bought an EV.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
I used the desktop version of TaxACT last year, and got the full tax credit without any delay. I found the form within the program to fill out myself, though. It didn't ask if I bought an EV.
I used the online version of TaxACT to file, and I received almost the full 7500 (74xx. Didn't qualify for full credit due to education credits). I'm not sure if it prompted me asking if I had bought an EV, but if not, for sure the form was in the 'other tax credits' section.

·
Registered
472 Posts
H&R block does not and i contacted them (for 2013 tax year) they told me i could find a form online print it out and mail in my return. I did not know anyone still mailed in returns... I will not be using H&R Block this year, whats the point in the software if you are not going to efile? If I was going to mail in my forms, I would do them all on paper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts