GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A minor, pleasant discovery today. It is easier to cancel cruise control by giving the regen paddle a quick squeeze than it is to find and press the cruise control button itself.

And BTW another small discovery I made (and posted some weeks back) that I use every day is if, you press and hold (for a second or two) the physical home button at the lower edge of the center display, the display will switch directly to the CarPlay interface... It'll take you back to wherever in CarPlay you last were.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Think that flashes the brake lights. New Volt cruise control buttons are too small or not properly placed. I have to look to use them.

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
Tapping the brake pedal lightly also disengages cruise also....

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Why does engineering continue to make these dumb button placement choices?

ELR's cruise cancel button is easier to find/use than the paddle. Plus, it is impossible to select the power button vs mode selector unlike Gen1 Volt. However, the ELR glove box button is crazy to find.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I find the paddle very convenient. I'll use it when coming off the freeway. Works great. Otherwise it's the brake. Rarely the cancel button though it's conveniently located. I will say that the way the buttons on the steering wheel work is bizarre.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I do both, tap the paddle to cancel cruise, and long press the Home button to return to CarPlay. The CarPlay tip was posted a while back.
A minor, pleasant discovery today. It is easier to cancel cruise control by giving the regen paddle a quick squeeze than it is to find and press the cruise control button itself.

And BTW another small discovery I made (and posted some weeks back) that I use every day is if, you press and hold (for a second or two) the physical home button at the lower edge of the center display, the display will switch directly to the CarPlay interface... It'll take you back to wherever in CarPlay you last were.

·
Registered
37 Posts

ELR's cruise cancel button is easier to find/use than the paddle. Plus, it is impossible to select the power button vs mode selector unlike Gen1 Volt. However, the ELR glove box button is crazy to find.
I have none of these issues. So to me, they are not dumb placements.

The paddle is in a very convenient spot and I have no issues with where the mode button is.

I use the cancel button on the steering wheel to cancel my cruise. Again, I have no issues with the placement of where it is. Things go into your muscle memory quite quickly folks.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts

It's that silly insistence on arrow buttons. ELR and Gen 1 both do "Cruise control stuff on left spoke, basic infotainment on right spoke" and it's straightforward...

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have no problem with the cancel button placement. I use the cancel often as well as adjust the sped setting.

The two useless buttons for me are cruise on/off and the center distance warning that I absolutely never use.

But the worse in terms of placement are the fav buttons for the radio. What a weird position for buttons so often used!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts