GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which color of the two wires on the reverse bulb is positive, I don't have a tool to check,I would like to check with a tool but I can leave the car in reverse like I have done with other cars, other cars you can just turn on the car but not start the car and check which wire is hot, in a volt the car needs to be started, I am installing back up sensors so need a positive wire, any suggestions would be great thanks

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
If you hit the unlock button, I believe the reverse light comes on for a minute or so.

You could also apply the parking break, and put the vehicle in maintenance mode by holding the power button with your foot OFF the brake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked on the two wires on the reverse lights , they are both black , but one connects to a blue tab the other wire just connects to the bulbs harness. any ideas which is positive hot wire . thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you are attempting to install any sort of new wiring without a multimeter then you probably should not be doing it, IMHO...

Black is generally always ground, so I would suspect if there is a blue tab on one and not the other that would be the positive line, but my line above still stands...

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
You can buy a mulimeter for $10 on sale.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts