GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will try it tonight. Hard to see it beating google maps but is another option. Any other views on it? You can use it offline but have to pay for traffic and speed limits so I’m not sure it has advantages over Waze or Google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I have used it a few times. Because it has offline maps, it is a good option if you want to economize data usage or use it in areas without good data coverage, outside of the country, or at times when the data networks might be overloaded, like when leaving a sporting event along with thousands of other people, or during an emergency. If you don't care about offline maps, I see no reason to use it over Waze or Google Maps. The free version without the traffic and speed limits is fine if you don't need those features.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have used it a few times. Because it has offline maps, it is a good option if you want to economize data usage or use it in areas without good data coverage, outside of the country, or at times when the data networks might be overloaded, like when leaving a sporting event along with thousands of other people, or during an emergency. If you don't care about offline maps, I see no reason to use it over Waze or Google Maps. The free version without the traffic and speed limits is fine if you don't need those features.
Thanks, storage space permitting, I’ll keep it and its downloaded regional, nearby state maps on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts