GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a good one. I just received the following email:

Dear Chevrolet Volt Owner:

As one of the first to purchase or order a Chevrolet Volt, we would like to ask you a few questions about your purchase experience. Your input and feedback is greatly appreciated. This survey will only take about 15 minutes to complete. At the conclusion of this survey, you will have the opportunity to enter into a sweepstakes drawing for a chance to win one of two $500 VISA® gift cards*.

No personally identifiable information will be used; your answers will only be used in the aggregate with other survey responses.

Please note that the survey will be available through midnight, March 7, 2011. The following link will take you directly to the beginning of the survey:

Problem is I live in Maine and have not purchased a Chevy Volt. This is what frustrates me. Why send me something I haven't purchased. This tells me someone is not paying attention. Now if I received an email polling me if I am interested in a Volt then ahhhh I might be impressed. Anyone else get a survey that doesn't own one yet?

· Registered
513 Posts
My dealer got one for me. They forwarded it to me and I filled it out. It was OK, but several questions were hard to pick an answer as none of their choices fit. It does show that GM is interested in the thoughts of the folks that are buying or have bought a Volt.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was what I got for the link:

Please note that the survey will be available through midnight, March 7, 2011. The following link will take you directly to the beginning of the survey:

Click here to start the survey.

Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,
Chevrolet Research Team

But I don't think you will get very far.

· Registered
348 Posts
I got one a couple of weels ago via e-mail. It suggested that it was from Chevy (directly or indirectly).
I also got one in the mail from JD Power. I left alot of blank spaces where they asked about problems!
BTW: I did add a digit to the front of their 2-digit mpg answer block. (maybe I should have answered in hex)

· Registered
97 Posts
I got one a couple of weels ago via e-mail. It suggested that it was from Chevy (directly or indirectly).
I also got one in the mail from JD Power. I left alot of blank spaces where they asked about problems!
BTW: I did add a digit to the front of their 2-digit mpg answer block. (maybe I should have answered in hex)
lol!

Although I wonder if their computer system is set up to take 3 decimal digits - if they truncate your answer, "210" could become "10" and then we will see a spate of news stories about the "terrible mileage" Volts get :(.

· Registered
4,948 Posts
Here is a good one. I just received the following email:

Dear Chevrolet Volt Owner:

As one of the first to purchase or order a Chevrolet Volt, we would like to ask you a few questions about your purchase experience. Your input and feedback is greatly appreciated. This survey will only take about 15 minutes to complete. At the conclusion of this survey, you will have the opportunity to enter into a sweepstakes drawing for a chance to win one of two $500 VISA® gift cards*.

No personally identifiable information will be used; your answers will only be used in the aggregate with other survey responses.

Problem is I live in Maine and have not purchased a Chevy Volt. This is what frustrates me. Why send me something I haven't purchased. This tells me someone is not paying attention. Now if I received an email polling me if I am interested in a Volt then ahhhh I might be impressed. Anyone else get a survey that doesn't own one yet?
What was the email address this was received from? and what is the website this email directed you to??
I don't believe this was Chevrolet

Do you even own a Volt?
I hope independant research/marketing outfits are not lurking here and targeting gm-volt.com members

WopOnTour

· Registered
4,948 Posts
REALLY? That would tick me off. I poured forth, and am not in love with the notion that my comments could have ended up in the wrong hands!

Chris
Well I'm not saying for sure yet, but I hadnt heard of this so we should at least confirm whether it wa GM or not.
Perhaps forward the original email to [email protected]
(as long as you're comfortable with that)
WOT

· Registered
4,948 Posts
REALLY? That would tick me off. I poured forth, and am not in love with the notion that my comments could have ended up in the wrong hands!

Chris
OK Chris, I can confirm that this WAS a GM program.
But it wasnt something sent automatically to Volt owners.
You must have signed up on-line somewhere to receive GM/Volt marketing emails and consumer services.
If you no longer wih to receive these types of offers or markting surveys , you can follow the "unsubcribe" instructions at the end of the email.
WOT

· Registered
4,948 Posts
I'm delighted to help GM any way that I can. No worries!!

As one of my office-mates now says, "Chris always is happy when he gets to drive." She could not have spoken truer words!
Cool, so do you have an out-of-state Volt on order then? or are you going to wait for them to get to Maine?
WOT

· Registered
2,004 Posts
Maine? Hmm...

I live outside of Philadelphia, in Berwyn, PA. Volt #541 drove me home from Sterling Chevrolet (Virginia) in early January. My local dealer (Del Chevrolet) has provided wonderful support, albeit only for getting Volt accessories, on the double! They were very excited to have a Volt customer 3 miles from Paoli.

· Registered
4,948 Posts
Maine? Hmm...

I live outside of Philadelphia, in Berwyn, PA. Volt #541 drove me home from Sterling Chevrolet (Virginia) in early January. My local dealer (Dell Chevrolet) has provided wonderful support, albeit only for getting Volt accessories, on the double! They were very excited to have a Volt customer 3 miles from Paoli.
Sorry, mistook you for the OP
Congrats on the Volt!
WOT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.