GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My partner, 2 friends, and I recently took a nice motorcycle tour vacation out in Pennsylvania. One of our stops was a fantastic B&B in the Hershey area called The Inn at Westwynd Farm. To my pleasant surprise, they had both a J1772 charger and a Tesla charger in the parking area and free to guests. I didn't have my ELR so wasn't able to take advantage, but I'll be back!

Anyway, it took a short time to dawn on us that there was something quite strange about the Tesla charger. See if you can spot it (answer below photo):

There is a vine that has grown up and wrapped itself around the charging cord! My guess is that's it's not seeing much use!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I have vines on the front of my garage that have grown two feet in the last couple weeks. It doesn't take long.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
That B&B is listed as a Tesla Destination Charger. Tesla provides the equipment, the property owner pays to have it installed and make it available FREE of charge to Tesla owners.

A vine like that can grow in a matter of a few days this time of year. I wouldn't read too much into that. And Kudo's to that B&B for making that an official Tesla Destination location.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Oh, the vine! I thought you were referring to the way the charger and post had a phallic quality to it;) Musk probably would like that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How was the B&B? I live just a few miles up the road and have never been back there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
...There is a vine that has grown up and wrapped itself around the charging cord! My guess is that's it's not seeing much use!
I would imagine it depends mostly on the hotel/B&B location and appeal to drivers passing through. Since installation where I work, the only use the J1772 EVSE has had is when I plug in; the 2 Tesla EVSE's get used all the time by many different Teslas.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have never seen a Tesla in Terre Haute Indiana, but there is a supercharger installation at the new Meijers... just off highway 70 so it makes sense to have it there for long distance travelers. If i want to spot a Tesla hanging out there would be my best bet :)

Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts