GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Mark and after my first 30 days of owning my new 2015 Volt I have a fair evaluation, I believe?! From the get go I have been extremely happy with the performance of this car. My mileage continues to increase with every week it seems. I have gone from 37 to 40 miles/chg which fits nicely into my daily driving habits.

A couple concerns I have had though are the lack of personalizing my radio station settings and the road noise generated by the tires.

Overall great little car and I look forward to many miles of service. I am at 1295 miles to date and NO gas money spent!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Mark

Welcome. I too am a newby. Only been here a couple months .. but this is a great forum for information, tips and even help with certain questions !!! I have spent hours reading past posts and new ones to learn as much as possible.
With the radio, I have loaded hundreds of songs on the HDD and you can preset any/all stations you want. There are some posts about quieter tires.
Good luck and happy EVing.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
A couple concerns I have had though are the lack of personalizing my radio station settings and the road noise generated by the tires.!
Do you mean station presets/favorites? There are 36 (I think) favorites that can store AM, FM, or XM stations.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
The radio isn't the easiest to figure out, even after reading the manual sometimes, lol
On the radio page, tune a station and touch/hold the little tab at the bottom of the screen to store it as a favorite. You can mix AM/FM/XM next to each other, doesn't need to be one page per

..I think. Haven't touched it since April, but I'm pretty sure that's how it worked.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
And if you don't have enough favorites to fill all 36 spots, you can cut down the amount of favorites pages to whatever you need.

·
Registered
595 Posts
The radio isn't the easiest to figure out, even after reading the manual sometimes, lol
On the radio page, tune a station and touch/hold the little tab at the bottom of the screen to store it as a favorite. You can mix AM/FM/XM next to each other, doesn't need to be one page per

..I think. Haven't touched it since April, but I'm pretty sure that's how it worked.
Thanks. I never have figured this out. I'll try it next time I'm in the car (after I dig it out of the snow). :)

And HuskerSailors, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
805 Posts
For music - You can use a USB stick for a poor man's HDD, that's what I use. You can set it to random play which works for me.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy, lots to lean from the folks here. Pretty easy to preset radio channels as mentioned. I Transport a lot of Chevys for my local dealer so I get to play with all the radios and lean how to set. Later aceinsp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts