GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to our Chevy dealer for the @7,500 mile rotation, yesterday July 31, 2017. I already reached 30,000 miles and this is the 4th time. Then told me that there is a software update for optimizing battery and making better sensor interpretation for use in braking or ACC. And so signed them up to do the recall at GM's expense. It wasn't very clear to me about their explanation as to what the recall really did, as the report that I got from them was only about the tread on my 4 tires.

Anyway, every time they update the software, they needed to run the ICE to test that everything is alright. And so what I piled up for the most number of miles driven without gas has been reset to zero again!!! There goes my VoltStat score. I would have already hit 25,000 miles or more without gas (except FMM) if our dealer isn't running the ICE every time a software update is done on my 2017 Volt.

Anyway, the update seemed to give me better MPGe scores at speeds of 70-80 mph compared to my scores before the update. I only used to get 84-90 MPGe when doing 70-80 mph, but now I m getting 95-115 MPGe. Moreover, the ACC doesn't seem to be as flaky anymore from my drive yesterday.

Anyone else notice about the latest software upgrade?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Whoa, nope my MPGe at those speeds are still around 87-89. Have never seen MPGe that high at highway speeds and they just did my update about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa, nope my MPGe at those speeds are still around 87-89. Have never seen MPGe that high at highway speeds and they just did my update about 2 weeks ago.
Ha ha ha, we're not far apart at those speeds when I first started. Am somewhat of a hypermiler. Am now averaging 124-145 MPGe on my daily trips of 100+ miles (50% freeway speed). My lifetime MPG is 981 considering that I burned gas for 1,800 miles.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Is this a RECALL or a Customer Service Campaign aka TSB. There is a HUGE difference.

My 2017 goes in later this month for it's first oil change/tire rotation. My 17 was built 06/16. When was yours built?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ha ha ha, we're not far apart at those speeds when I first started. Am somewhat of a hypermiler. Am now averaging 124-145 MPGe on my daily trips of 100+ miles (50% freeway speed). My lifetime MPG is 981 considering that I burned gas for 1,800 miles.
Well my drive is over 90% at highway speeds, so maybe that's why.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this a RECALL or a Customer Service Campaign aka TSB. There is a HUGE difference.

My 2017 goes in later this month for it's first oil change/tire rotation. My 17 was built 06/16. When was yours built?
Maybe it was a TSB. However, the technician told me that they'll have to do a recall service, to download a firmware or software upgrade. I check at OnStar app for recall, there was none. I will look at my paper work later as I filed it at home and check if there are recall numbers in the invoice.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Most likely a TSB even though technician told me it is a recall service to upgrade the firmware or software. I think my car was built in 07/16.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts