GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed this since I got the car brand new, but it seems like it is slowly increasing in how often it happens. Basically, I'll be at a stop sign or light. When I go to accelerate it will surge as if I pressed the accelerator harder or blipped it. It does it 2 or 3 times and then it is fine. It might be related, maybe not, but I've noticed a few times that the brake pedal will be start braking sooner than it normally does, like the pedal is all of a sudden a lot more sensitive. Not sure what the deal is, but wondering if anyone else is noticing this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish it was something that easy. It happens randomly during the same drive. I have also noticed that when I get home from work, it does it on a lot smaller scale when driving slowly up the little incline of my driveway.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I've noticed that if my discs are wet my brakes can be a bit... "grabby"
not sure if that helps or not.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply! Mine is parked in the garage every night and it will happen on days that is completely dry out, no rain, etc.

Jeff

·
Registered
718 Posts
... I'll be at a stop sign or light. When I go to accelerate it will surge as if I pressed the accelerator harder or blipped it.
Unless you are switching to sport mode without noticing, this is not normal behavior. If it is reproducible I would have the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I had a similar problem once that turned out to be floor mat interference. and another time when I got a new pair of shoes which were wider and had a different heal position and different thickness shoes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts