GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas for surface protection for the top and bottom silver grill? Mainly protection from rocks/debris on highway driving. I'd like to keep the front end protected. I have all of the painted surfaces covered with Xpel Ultimate. Installers wouldn't touch the grill since the film have a hard time adhering to the recessed surfaces.

Dip it? I'm confident about the durability, but not sure about the longevity; would like to keep it on for 5+ years. Have to be easy to remove.

3M spray on clear bra? Anyone use it before? It has pretty bad reviews everywhere for durability and longevity.

Vinyl wrap? etc?

·
Administrator
19,987 Posts
3m spray-on may be the answer.

I have the 3M clear bra on my Volt, but not on the grill. After 5+ years and over 75K miles, the grill still looks new. YMMV

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Plastidip is easy to remove in a big pealable sheet as long as you put on 5 or 6 thick coats. If you put it on too thin, there's dip remover that helps break it down. As for longevity, expect to apply additional dip in 2-3 years to freshen the look. My wife's CTS black grill and mirrors needs a few new coats after 2 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts