GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,689 Posts
Please wake me up when people can actually buy a sample cell for testing. ZZZZZZZZ

I have heard so many claims over the years I just wait for the real product to either be available for testing or for a product to go into volume production. Until then it's all hot air and fund raising. The devil is in the details of final volume production. Few make it.

How many times have you heard that a new technology will be in products in 3 to 5 years? For me, too many times to count.

·
Registered
198 Posts
How many times have you heard that a new technology will be in products in 3 to 5 years? For me, too many times to count.
How could you be bored when new technology is in the work? I like hearing new technology. The only thing that drive me nuts is when a company flop, quit, or change plans. I'll just wait and knowing that it out there, but just don't end it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes a whole lot of them never materialize and that sucks. But some do. I remember reading about A123 before they came out with their li-ion batteries. I remember reading about how they were going to be used in things like portable drills.

Sometimes I agree and wish I didn't know in advance about things such as the Volt. This way there wouldn't be the terrible wait I must endure. And my wait is compounded with the volt because I want a e-rev truck! Not even any mention of those yet from GM.

·
3,689 Posts
You hit the nail right on the head. I hate the wait and the disappointment when it turns out to be impractical. I do check out all the new technology but don't start holding my breath until I see some real-world data. Nano this and spiral that... Just show me the money!!!!!

Humm. That reminds me, I haven't heard from Yi Cui for a while. He is probably in Saudi Arabia sipping wine from a golden chalice. $%^&!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts