GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've never seen such a sensitive airbag sensor. Three or four times now I've heard the seatbelt chime going off because the car thinks someone is in my front passenger seat. When I pick up my iPhone 6s Plus from the seat, the seatbelt chime silences and a few seconds later the airbag turns off. Is there a sensitivity adjustment? LOL!

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
I've never seen such a sensitive airbag sensor. Three or four times now I've hears the seatbelt chime going off because the car thinks someone is in my front passenger seat. When I pick up my iPhone 6s Plus from the seat, the seatbelt chime silences and a few seconds later the airbag turns off. Is there a sensitivity adjustment? LOL!
It detects passenger presence using observed changes to a capacitance field.
Active electronic devices can create an interference.
In a nutshell, don't do that. ;)

WOT

·
Registered
200 Posts
This is an annoyance for me at times also. I generally drive to my office with my laptop laying in the passenger seat in a ready to use state, as there are times when I will have to pull off into a parking lot to work for 10-15 minutes before finishing my commute. The weight of my laptop sets off the sensor. My iPhone 6+ does not seem to cause this issue though.

I generally end up fastening that seat belt, even though there is no one in the seat.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
This is an annoyance for me at times also. I generally drive to my office with my laptop laying in the passenger seat in a ready to use state, as there are times when I will have to pull off into a parking lot to work for 10-15 minutes before finishing my commute. The weight of my laptop sets off the sensor. My iPhone 6+ does not seem to cause this issue though.

I generally end up fastening that seat belt, even though there is no one in the seat.
I just put stuff on the floor. That much less visible; that much harder to reach. A friend lost her purse by having it on a passenger seat while waiting for a light to change. Passenger window got popped right there in traffic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts