GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A natural inclination of many new car owners, especially at first, is to take care in maintaining its appearance. I'm finding that the interior (black) plastic used in the interior door panels of my 2017 Volt Premier is susceptible to scuff marks (by shoes or boots) from normal use while entering or exiting the vehicle.

Has anyone found an effective way to reduce the visibility of these scuff marks? Any magic potions? :cool:

Thanks!

Bruce

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on a search on Amazon, I've ordered einszett 924410 Plastic Deep Cleaner, which reviewers indicate seems to deal well with scuff marks on door kick panels. I'll report back next week on how well it seems to work.

Bruce

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I seem to always kick the speaker cover.
The leather seat cleaner works well on the plastic which is a Lexol type cleaner.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've used magic eraser. They work quite well and leave no marks on the plastic. Google "magic eraser door panels" for links and videos.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You may want to try 303 Aerospace Protectant , a water based silicone (per my reading) that is used extensively on plastics in the marine world....Does not dry out polymers...(like Armor all in my experience)
That and a little scrubbing has worked well on doorsills of my vehicles...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts