GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the forum and would like to thank everyone for participating. I have been reading it since April 30 after I test drove a Volt for the first time. There has been really good and interesting information here. It almost seems like I already own a Volt. I also enjoy the information about electric cars and alternative energy. My local Chevy dealer has been very generous and let me test drive the Volt four times - twice overnight. Test driving the car was what ultimately convinced me to buy it, but this forum has helped me learn numerous details about the car and also helped with the option choices. (I suspected the 2012 rear camera would not have grid lines without the nav option and that was confirmed on this forum.) Having owned Toyotas since 1982 (no Prius), my biggest reservation about the car is its long term reliability. The Volt is the first car I have gotten excited about since I was in high school. My Volt is being cued for production and I expect delivery around the middle of November - next month!
Anyway, I am planning a Volt party. Have others had such a thing? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Richard

·
Administrator
20,018 Posts
I have not, but if that is the covered bridge in Cedarburg, I have been there. Took a girl there on my motorcycle a long, long time ago. Sadly, I have not been there since. There are not many left.

I'm with you on the Volt excitement. I have not been as excited about a car since my first one either. Mines in the shop today getting the software update. I hated dropping it off. Like taking your kid to their first day at school.

A party based on a Volt? Electrifying! Rides of course.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Depends entirely on the audience and the amount of people attending. If it's a relatively small gathering then rides are of course necessary so that they can experience the wonder of low rpm torque and the great fit and finish. Showing some videos in the background (hopefully your TV is connected to the internet and you can access the web) about how the Volt works and some of the reviews would be cool as well.

If you have some liberals or some conservatives with a good sense of humor you can even share this thread with them:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/08/19/1008759/-Educating-you-libturds-on-the-Volt?via=blog_731756

It's a list of the top "15" complaints against the Volt that was inspired by visiting conservative websites whose audiences really have no clue about the Volt other than what they have heard within their right wing cocoon.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you go to Plug In America.com they have a section on planning an EV party.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts