GM Volt Forum banner

Subaru's Concept Electric Car

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mwalsh 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Are you talking about the shape of the vehicle? Flat is the best shape for space utility. This vehicle's width, length and height are stretched to the maximum that the "kei car" regulations allow. For city delivery purpose (mail, pizza, milk, parcels, flowers etc.) space is more important than slipperiness. Besides, driving speed is lower than 40 mph most of the time making wind resistance not so much of a concern.

#4 ·
I think Subaru and Mitsubishi will be the first manufacturers to start delivery of Li-ion battery powered EVs in Japan, probably by the end of next year in the “kei car” format.
They are ideal for delivery purpose in the crowded narrow city streets. When stuck in the stop-and-go traffic they do not waste energy idling. Courier service is very popular and reliable in Japan and it is easier (than at ordinary households) to setup quick-charge stalls at commercial depots. According to Mitsubishi the fuel cost can be as little as 1/10 of gas. For North American market, however, I think we need the Volt type small ICE/generator combo for limp back mode for just in case. Running out of juice on I-5 is too dangerous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.