I'm at the point that I DON'T CARE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!
If it is:
2. Range of 40 miles or better
3. Can drive 55/60 mph
4. Backed by a major manufacturer with warranty.
5. It can look like the Edsel for all I care.
2. Agreed, but I could even get by with a little less 90% of the time.
3. It needs to be able to sustain 70 to 75 mph to be useful on most major interstates. And have enough reserve power on tap for passing or the rare occasion where flooring it is needed to save your skin, it happens!!!
4. Couldn't agree more, it should have such a good warranty and support that it's almost silly.
5. It needs a broad appeal for everyone and still have a good drag coefficient. The car needs to have a style and personality that will make anyone want to own it. Not to sporty, not to nerdy' but a style and functionality to appeal to the masses.
Personally... I just bought a new car. Traded on my 05 Tacoma and got an 08 Camry Hybrid (loaded). I could have saved about $9K and gotten a Prius, but I just don't like the look of the car. That's just me though... But there are more like me too. And there are more who feel the want you do too... the Volt needs to appeal to as many of us on all sides as possible to make it a success.