GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I get a Weather Alert on my Nav screen, I go to see what's up. Each time, it contains warnings about "Cecil County", which I now have discovered is one state away from where I live and drive in Pennsylvania.

I finally figured out what must be going on. I bought my Volt out of state, in Delaware, from a dealer who 'swapped' the car with another dealer, in Cecil County, Maryland. So like a baby duckling I guess the car just 'imprinted' that location as its home, being the place where it first woke up. That's just my guess, because the "Volt desk" at OnStar had no idea what the problem could be.

Now I wonder if anybody out there can tell me how to disabuse my Volt of the idea that she's away from her real home. How do I 'imprint' a new home county in her brain?

Looking forward to hearing free advice!

Chaz

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I believe weather alerts come from XM, so you should try giving them a call.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Morning
You need to look at page 24 in the Chevrolet Volt Infotainment System manual, the book for the radio

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looking forward to hearing free advice!

Chaz
This used to happen to my 2014 Volt. For the first two months not a single weather alert was for a county within 100 miles of my location (near Cherry Hill, NJ). The weird thing is they were from both the north and the south, but none in my location. Over the last month the alerts have all been for my location. Perhaps it takes the Volt a few months to learn its location?

If this is the case, then it's kind of a bad way to set it up. If I took my Volt on a road trip, I would want to know the weather alerts from my current location, not home when home is 400 miles away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eureka!

Morning
You need to look at page 24 in the Chevrolet Volt Infotainment System manual, the book for the radio
Crowlton, thanks for the pointer. On page 25 of my 2014 Infotainment manual, I found "Restore Current Location"! That should take care of the problem.

C.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Only strange weather alert I ever saw was " Dry line approaching."

What sounds like a good thing - IS NOT.

The weather part of XM was all I ever used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts