GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm curious if others have this same 'issue' I'm noticing on my gen2:

When I get in and my phone connects via bluetooth the 'chime' sound that plays sounds like its playing through a speaker that's had its coils blown....kinda hard to describe, but its very static-y and that's the best way I can describe it....like the speakers were overdriven and blown....

The strange thing is that the speakers all sound fine, and talking on the phone via bluetooth works fine as well. It almost sounds like the sound is 'in' the file being played.

Just curious if others have a 'clean' chime sound when their phone connects?

It isn't something I'm going to bother taking it in for, but if I have to go in for another reason I will have them look at it. Its easy for me to reproduce....

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Can you post a sound or video, allowing us to hear the effect?

·
Registered
568 Posts
If it's the same thing I've experienced - I believe it's right when the bluetooth connection is established and the data stream of the audio isn't 100% yet.

If I get in, start up, phone will link, and right as the pop up comes on the screen it will make the noise with a bit of static at the end of the "chime". This is the only point I have that static sound afterwards any audio streamed from the phone is perfect and crystal clear.

I have the same issue when I connect my wireless bluetooth headset to my phone. Upon as it establishes the connection and I hit 'play' the first second or two of the song is 1/2 garbled or just not clear at all, soon as a solid data stream is established, audio perfect.

(this is with my Nexus 6P android 6.0 phone by the way)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the same issue, iOS 9.x. I posted a while back on another thread, and a member responded that a fix is coming out for this in October.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry all, been away a few days and didn't get a chance to re-check the thread. I'll try and post an audio link to the sound when I get a chance.

For reference I'm running android OS and it happens on both phones. One is a nexus 5 and the other is a galaxy s5. I swore off apple products a few years back :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the same issue. 2017 w/ACC and Android phone. It feels like some audio mixing code in a DSP chip is wonky. Happens about half of the time when phone makes or breaks connection, and also when other alerts may happen while audio is playing.

Steve20, thanks for the info regarding a possible fix in October.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bumping this thread... my Volt is making this static sound as well when the phone connects via bluetooth. Is there a fix?
I just had my volt in for the recall and dont think there was another other fix available. I haven't noticed the sound recently either, though I kind of tuned it out and may not have been paying attention. I dont think its fixed though....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Mine does this as well. but it hasn't really bothered me that much to say or do anything about it. I'm using an iPhone.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mine does this occasionally too. Not every time, but not infrequently.

iPhone 7 Plus with latest IOS.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah, I've complained to the dealer twice about this, but they can't reproduce, and neither can I on demand.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Happen today, ,electrical buzzing with no DTC,,,stop the car completely and the noise persisted, with everything OFF..as soon i call ON STAR the problematic noise dissapeared...Volt14/android phone

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine does this too *occasionally*. I've only had it affect audio from the phone once, usually it's just that initial connection sound.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts