GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2017 Premier Volt 1 week ago, and I love it. Everything was fine until I adjusted the drivers seat height, then a rubbing(?) noise started coming from the left side of the drivers seat, going over every moderate bump, or when I shift my weight in the seat. I tried readjusting the seat height, but it won't go away. It can wait until I go to the dealer for something else, but it is annoying. Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just begun to experience random creaks and clicks from the drivers seat of my 17 Premiere (2600 miles) as I accelerate/decelerate and my weight shifts (I'm 190 lbs). I hadn't adjusted the seat prior to the issue. I tried moving the seat in its track but the creaks/clicks are still present. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also hearing clicks/creaks that appear to be coming from the driver's seat in my 17 LT. This started a couple weeks ago at about 10K miles. It typically happens when initially accelerating, so at first I thought it might be the accelerator linkage, but the noise seems to subside for a while if I make a seat height adjustment. With the car being so quiet otherwise, it is hard to ignore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2017 started this creaking noise from the left side of the seat at about 40,000 miles. At first I thought it was something in the door pocket, but quickly observed it is the seat. I have narrowed it down to the seat back hinge area on the left side. I removed the screws from a plastic trim piece & it is better. I also wedged some dense foam material between the plastic & the seat covering. That helped some more, but the sound still happens occasionally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts