GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Volt 2017 for a trip that involved a couple of hours of highway driving for the first time last week. At the end of the highway section of the trip, the car started making noise in the front of the car when starting slowly from stand still .

Strangely, the noise would go away after a few days of city driving. So I suspect the highway driving caused something to shift out of position, but gentle driving and gravity would bring it back to position.

I do not know if the car had this issue all along or if this is related to the transmission replacement repair a few months ago.

Has anyone experienced this type of noise before?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Sounds like a bushing of some sort to me.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
No, but I've had nothing replaced on my 2017. If it were my vehicle I'd be speaking with my dealer as soon as they open today.

Is it easily replicated? Dealers hate trouble shooting "odd noises" that aren't constant or easily replicated.

Good luck.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Wow, that would have me unnerved driving. I'm amazed you didn't go straight to your dealer even if it disappeared with from city driving.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally brought it to the original dealer (that I bought the car from) yesterday. Turns out the noise was likely caused by the previous repair (by another dealer) that replaced the transmission: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?286841-2017-Volt-LT-quot-Shift-to-Park-quot-Lost-Power.

Tech Cause: Frame cross brace contacting transmission mount
Tech Comments: Inspect for noise on acceleration, found front frame cross brace contacting transmission mount. Re-position cross brace and roadtest, noise gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts