GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per the windshield sticker, the dealer had just changed the oil prior to my purchase in September but I don't KNOW what oil was put in the car. Being the nervous ninny that I am I want to change the oil prior to my 400 mile road trip starting tomorrow.

Mobil 1 5W-30, check. Oil filter? Well, Auto Zone has the 5 quart M1 jug plus the STP Extended Life Filter, (S3387AXL) for under $30, a decent deal. I'd like to get the AC Delco PF65 and be done with it but not sure I'll find it before we are ready to hit the road.

A quick search of BITOG is not giving me conclusive results - any opinions here of that STP filter?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts

The STP Extended life filter looks good to me. If you are concerned, why don't you just pay $3 more and get the M1 oil filter?
I would take M1 over AC Delco filter. Or do you only trust the AC Delco filter?

·
Registered
524 Posts
BITOG is full of OCDs. Car has oil in it. Drive it.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I use Mobil 1 0w-30 and the AC Delco filter. You can get a filter at the chevy dealer. It is a few pennies more but you wont do it again for 2 years.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wife is driving as I type this.

I put the car on ramps and saw that it had a Wix filter which I understand to be good. So I didn’t bother changing the oil.

All is well so far after 300 miles on gas at 70-80 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts