·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
I'm thinking that Volt is totaled.

Of course, better the Volt than the occupants. Provides some peace of mind my kids in the rear are pretty protected.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
I'm thinking that Volt is totaled.

Of course, better the Volt than the occupants. Provides some peace of mind my kids in the rear are pretty protected.
I'm thinking the same thing. One reason I got this car is because I wanted the wife to have a little more car between her and the others on the road (we had a Mini S). Nice to see things like this from a safety perspective.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am impressed with the numerous news reports of serious accidents involving Volts where the driver just walked away. Seems to live up to its ratings, and I have to imagine it outperforms most other comparably sized cars. Anyone have any actual stats?

Glad to know the driver fared as well as he did. Well done, 2012 Volt.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I don't think you've been to Toronto. :)
It has been many, many years. On a regular basis I have to deal with FL drivers and I have not seen worse on a general level. In fact I can generally identify a FL driver from their behavior well before I can see their license plate.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ELR
584 Posts
Ah yes.... The start of rainy season in Florida, is like the first freezing rain for the season up north.

Drive safe.
I travel a lot. I have never seen so many bald tires as I have seen in Florida. Seeing cords showing through is not uncommon. Sitting at a traffic light, or walking through a parking lot is comical. Until I see a thread like this.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I travel a lot. I have never seen so many bald tires as I have seen in Florida. Seeing cords showing through is not uncommon. Sitting at a traffic light, or walking through a parking lot is comical. Until I see a thread like this.
Yes!!!!! The 6-8 months of no rain at all, makes people forget all about their tires.

I'm guilty too, I've put off new tires once, until the next rainy season (never totally bald tho, just above the wear bars).

Bald tires, cords showing, cars with no heaters or a.c. to defog the windshield, so their driving down the road wiping the window with a freaking towel.

Unreal.

It's funny how people who live here full time can forget exactly how much rain we can get. 1-5 inches of rain in the span of an hour at times, really adds up.

Don't get me started on people trying to drive through roads flooded with 2-3ft of water.

·
Registered
867 Posts
MINOR INJURIES AND STILL NO FIRES Mr/Ms <Insert you least favorite Anti-Volt commentator>

If only the backseat had about 6 more inches, it would be perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts