GM Volt Forum banner

Stop Light Speech

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  colchiro 
#1 ·
I had my first Stoplight (Elevator) speech this morning. That was fun.

I was stopped and a car pulls up on the driver side. Guys points to my car with his window down. So, I open (roll) my window (down) and he ask how I like the car. Told him I loved it. He then points to the charge port door and ask if that is where you put the fuel in. I said no, that was for the electric, the gas was on the other side. He was surprised by that. Guess he didn't realize it was both electric and gas. I then proceeded to tell him that I am currently getting 260+mpg. He had a big surprised smile on his face. He said that he was looking to get one. He liked how sharp the car looked. I told him about the electric range in winter (30) and what I am currently getting (50+).

Then the light turned green.

#3 ·
I've had that conversation a few times as well. Just never at a stop light.

#4 ·
Hehe. I had my first one last week. The guy rolled down his window and waved at me.. First I thought the he wanted directions, but he wanted to know how I like my Volt. :) Told him I was amazed by it and if I would have know this much before, I would have purchased one way earlier! Then he asked, is it low on power (he prob meant torque) and I told him "It has more torque than my top of the line mazda 3 that I had before... (he was driving a mazda 3 also .. ) made him smile and then light turned green. :)

#5 ·
So did you put your electrons where your mouth was and leave him breathing "clean air"? :)

#9 ·
Sadly I had lots of those speeches 2 years ago when I bought my Volt, but rarely do I get one now.

My last one was an old man who saw me back out of a spot in a parking lot (he was by the front bumper) and said, "Really, that works?" Since I drove off, I could only speculate that he was impressed by EV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.