GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who dont know me, iown a 2012 that i can not get serviced. And everyone insists they do not have a problem getting serviced. The dealers charges me for diagnostics, then says nothing is wrong. I have not had cabin heat in three years. Now, i cant charge it because the battety coolant system is empty. The same leak the dealer fixed. Now the dealer cant fix it because the computer is not comunicating and they cant pull codes. Car went through emmissions and my scanner pulled the codes.
Tried chevy. They said i had to take the car back to the dealer to have them do a diagnostic so they could figure out what is wrong.
Diagnostic on a car the dealer says is not communicating.
So, this is where i am now.
Stuck between the stupid mechanics and the stupid chevy support and this forum telling me not to call them stupid.
Does anyone know of a way to complain about a dealership? I know my state CT, regulates some things at dealers, but being too stupid to know how to hook up a scanner and pull codes, is not one of them.
I asked chevy to find me a volt mechanic. They couldnt, or wouldnt.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
CT isn't the middle of nowhere, there is more the one Chevy dealer in the state and you can apparently get online. Why are you having so much difficulty? Google Chevy dealer in CT. Try CT.gov or something and search.

If your CT isn't on the same planet as the one I'm on, I apologize for wasting your time.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
For those of you who dont know me, iown a 2012 that i can not get serviced. And everyone insists they do not have a problem getting serviced. The dealers charges me for diagnostics, then says nothing is wrong. I have not had cabin heat in three years. Now, i cant charge it because the battety coolant system is empty. The same leak the dealer fixed. Now the dealer cant fix it because the computer is not comunicating and they cant pull codes. Car went through emmissions and my scanner pulled the codes.
Tried chevy. They said i had to take the car back to the dealer to have them do a diagnostic so they could figure out what is wrong.
Diagnostic on a car the dealer says is not communicating.
So, this is where i am now.
Stuck between the stupid mechanics and the stupid chevy support and this forum telling me not to call them stupid.
Does anyone know of a way to complain about a dealership? I know my state CT, regulates some things at dealers, but being too stupid to know how to hook up a scanner and pull codes, is not one of them.
I asked chevy to find me a volt mechanic. They couldnt, or wouldnt.
Like srmarti stated...

Query "Chevy volt dealers in Connecticut" on the internet...and then call one of those dealerships that isn't your current one...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, there is more then one chevy dealer in CT.
Yes, ihave access to Google.
But, this is my second dealer. Had to rip the face off the charger because the first dealer wouldnt repair or replace the charger when the prong on the power cord was melting through the cord and the out let. When it blew its fuse, i tore the face off it and replaced the fuse and power cord. Then i duct taped it back together.
The current dealer has charged me for several diagnostics and to fix a leak in thebattety coolant.
If i go to another dealer, i have to pay to have the same work done again.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Yes, there is more then one chevy dealer in CT.
Yes, ihave access to Google.
But, this is my second dealer. Had to rip the face off the charger because the first dealer wouldnt repair or replace the charger when the prong on the power cord was melting through the cord and the out let. When it blew its fuse, i tore the face off it and replaced the fuse and power cord. Then i duct taped it back together.
The current dealer has charged me for several diagnostics and to fix a leak in thebattety coolant.
If i go to another dealer, i have to pay to have the same work done again.
No cabin heat...check to see if PIC5796 was applied to your vehicle

The extension cord is not repaired by Chevy dealers they used to give you a replacement...

Are you charging at 12 amps?

A leak in the battery coolant should have been covered by the Voltec warranty

If you can't get satisfaction from a dealer or GM corporate...Then contact a lawyer

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
And CT also has a lemon law. How many times has the same problem been unsuccessfully addressed? Don't know why the OP seems singled out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When i was able to charge, i was able to charge at 12 amps.
Wont let me charge now, presumably because the battery coolant is empty.
I dont think the lemon law applies, they refuse to touch the cabin heat, or come up with an excuse or say it is working ok.
I dont think that is seen the same as trying to fix it.
Last time i went in, someone one here suggested a module, HCCM i think. It decides if the coolant gets heated by the electric heater before entering the heater core. It was suggested because they wete found to be defective in the 2012's. I printed out the troubleshooting instructions from the chevy manual and the notice from chevy to the dealers to replace it. And i said, check it. That was when they said they could do anything because the cars computer was not communicating

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
When i was able to charge, i was able to charge at 12 amps.
Wont let me charge now, presumably because the battery coolant is empty.
I dont think the lemon law applies, they refuse to touch the cabin heat, or come up with an excuse or say it is working ok.
I dont think that is seen the same as trying to fix it.
Last time i went in, someone one here suggested a module, HCCM i think. It decides if the coolant gets heated by the electric heater before entering the heater core. It was suggested because they wete found to be defective in the 2012's. I printed out the troubleshooting instructions from the chevy manual and the notice from chevy to the dealers to replace it. And i said, check it. That was when they said they could do anything because the cars computer was not communicating
Ah...didn't get a warning codes about NO BATTERY COOLANT????

They rest of your problems are minor compared to this...:rolleyes:

If you acquired this used...you are correct, Lemon Laws only apply to new car purchases

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, i got warnings about the lack of coolant.
Now i have a check engine light and a service high voltage battery message.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Yes, i got warnings about the lack of coolant.
Now i have a check engine light and a service high voltage battery message.
Well?...how long before you got the vehicle to a dealership when that occurred??
OR...did you continue to drive it for until the service high voltage battery message appeared??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How many times i have been there and when i brought it in is all a blur now. It has been so many times over the last three years. I have had no battery coolant and running on just the ICE for about a year now.
As i recall, i brought it in as soon as i got the low coolant warning, then again when all the coolant was gone and i couldnt charge it.
If you know of a VOLT mechanic that knows what to do when the coolant is gone, let me know.
I have yet to find a VOLT mechanic that can even spell VOLT.
I think they just light incense, put on animal heads, sacrifice a goat and hope the gods will heal my car.
Do you know where i can buu the battery coolant? I would gladly just keep pouring in more coolant, just so i could charge it.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
How many times i have been there and when i brought it in is all a blur now. It has been so many times over the last three years. I have had no battery coolant and running on just the ICE for about a year now.
As i recall, i brought it in as soon as i got the low coolant warning, then again when all the coolant was gone and i couldnt charge it.
If you know of a VOLT mechanic that knows what to do when the coolant is gone, let me know.
I think they just light incense, put on animal heads, sacrifice a goat and hope the gods will heal my car.
Do you know where i can buu the battery coolant? I would gladly just keep pouring in more coolant, just so i could charge it.
What dealership did the Chevy Customer Service people tell you to use when you called them to ask about what dealerships were Volt Service certified?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I go to Chevy of Milford and they have always fixed my Volt's issues... unable to charge (broken charge port), screen went blank (dead radio). They have a good Volt tech, you just have to schedule when he's there.

IIRC, you're not supposed to keep putting battery coolant in (which is why they put the "no touch" bracket on it in some Volts), because a leak there can be very serious and should be fixed (which probably involves dropping the battery).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts