GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I defiantly had the sticky steering problem that started around 10k miles. I was going to wait to get fixed closer to 36k. Car now has 33k and the problem has completely disappeared.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
At the very least, make sure the dealer has it documented on a work order that it was happening. My car did it when new but went away after I complained and they did an update to the vehicle. I think the update modifies the power assist in a way that you no longer notice it. One could also assume that it has worn enough that it no longer sticks. That is hopefully my case too.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I defiantly had the sticky steering problem that started around 10k miles. I was going to wait to get fixed closer to 36k. Car now has 33k and the problem has completely disappeared.
Our steering rack assembly was replaced @ 9K and again @ 20K. During the initial visit, the dealer's techs could not reproduce the symptoms and wanted to release the vehicle back to me unresolved. With the aid of my Volt Advisor talking to the Service Mrg., they were convinced to take a longer look. My wife had to drive a "noisy" ICE loaner :mad: for 9 days while her baby was in the shop.

Before the first replacement, ours only presented the issue on road trips of ~50-75 miles or more that had long straight portions - like Interstates. Obviously, their tech was not inclined to drive that far. When the issue returned, it could be reproduced just driving around town - even at red lights. While stopped, you could move the steering wheel just slightly and feel a lag, then a thunk. We're at 29K now and the problem hasn't returned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts