GM Volt Forum banner

Stealth Charging Station.

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  gadgeTT 
#1 ·
Boredom, procrastination and imagination ganged up on me when I was supposed to be doing yard work this past Sunday. The result of which was a solution to a non-existent problem. Despite 3 years of problem free charging in my driveway, I felt the need to camouflage the whole system. Anybody else hiding their charging station/EVSE in plain sight, or I am the only illusionist/nut job/visionary in this regard? If you have a stealth set up, please post pictures to give the other wing nuts some ideas..... Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Ha, I didn't necessarily try to hide mine, but I'm sure that 99% of people that drive by think it's just a hose like yours! EVSEs are in garage.

Attachments

#6 ·
Except when you are home and plugged in, people will still figure out its an EVSE plug. But well done.

#8 ·
That is seriously a great idea, sharkbait. Now I have to copy it. Protects the J1772 connector and keeps it clean too!

#10 ·
Nice!

Hopefully no one connects the hose to the hose bib....my kids would do that and brick an expensive charger to fill up a 10 cent water balloon. You could fill the dummy hose connector with silicone if it is a real concern or if my kids visit...

#11 ·
Is this a new version of Hydro-Electric power? ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.