GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boredom, procrastination and imagination ganged up on me when I was supposed to be doing yard work this past Sunday. The result of which was a solution to a non-existent problem. Despite 3 years of problem free charging in my driveway, I felt the need to camouflage the whole system. Anybody else hiding their charging station/EVSE in plain sight, or I am the only illusionist/nut job/visionary in this regard? If you have a stealth set up, please post pictures to give the other wing nuts some ideas..... Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Ha, I didn't necessarily try to hide mine, but I'm sure that 99% of people that drive by think it's just a hose like yours! EVSEs are in garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Except when you are home and plugged in, people will still figure out its an EVSE plug. But well done.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Somebody noticing my charger at home would need to be nosy and trespassing. That's likely to be more of a problem than hiding my charger.

I've seen public chargers in plain sight that people don't notice.

·
Registered
926 Posts
That is seriously a great idea, sharkbait. Now I have to copy it. Protects the J1772 connector and keeps it clean too!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice!

Hopefully no one connects the hose to the hose bib....my kids would do that and brick an expensive charger to fill up a 10 cent water balloon. You could fill the dummy hose connector with silicone if it is a real concern or if my kids visit...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Is this a new version of Hydro-Electric power? ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts