GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Chevy Volt comes out, I hope they offer it in a station wagon, perhaps a tall wagon for comfort and versatility. I've always liked wagons because they're practical and that little bit more room is always nice.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Maybe in the future after release. That's what they told me when I asked about different body styles at Volt Nation. For the first 2011 model, it's only going to be the four door hatchback design we're looking at now. Even though the Tape Car shows a little notch and rear deck area that would imply a traditional sedan with trunk, they assured me at Volt Nation that it would be a hatchback design. So I guess the next best thing to a wagon.

·
Registered
157 Posts
When the Chevy Volt comes out, I hope they offer it in a station wagon, perhaps a tall wagon for comfort and versatility. I've always liked wagons because they're practical and that little bit more room is always nice.

I too like station wagons and would like to see that body style at some point. I own an HHR currently and could see that as being a good size and body style for a gasoline-electric drivetrain, albeit, the HHR is sorted shaped like a brick and would not fair well in drag studies (you do get a good push from a tail wind though.)

A Mazda 3 or Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix comparable version would work well for the needs of small families.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I sincerely hope they do not make a wagon version, that would make me seriously consider not buying one. No offense meant toward anyone who likes wagons or anything, but the fact that it is a hatchback makes it hard enough to want one. A normal sedan has much more appeal to the masses than a wagon or hatchback.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
A normal sedan has much more appeal to the masses than a wagon or hatchback.
Umm... Just curious, why do you think so? You don't seem to be wrong, but I just don't get it. What do you think an SUV, Crossover or Minivan is? They're just big ol' wagons. IMO, as the price of gas raises higher and higher, we Americans will follow suit with the rest of the world, that already pay insane prices for gas, and embrace the wagon. Of course in Europe I think they call them Combis. Maybe that would make Americans like wagons better, just change the name and give it a byzantine series of letters and numbers make it seem more European. It's not a Country Squire Wagon, it's a Combi 3Xeti.:D

I personally love the performance sport wagon concept. A concept that does well in Europe, but has always failed here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dav,

I'm not sure why that is, I do think that dodge station wagon is pretty cool looking, but I don't think I'd ever buy one, they are just so...long, I dunno. On the otherhand, I wouldn't ever buy a crossover, and would like to say I'd never buy a mini-van.

I know no one said this, but if they offered a wagon only, instead of a smaller car that would push a lot of people away just for size issues. I drive a mid-sized sedan right now, a Mercury Milan, I live in Chicago, and sometimes I think that that is to big of a car for the parking I have to get into at times, I'm looking forward to the Volt which is about 20 inches shorter than my car, should make parking slightly easier at times. Although I'm not looking forward to all kinds of people bumping into, and scratching my rear bumper...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I know no one said this, but if they offered a wagon only, instead of a smaller car that would push a lot of people away just for size issues.
They'll never just offer a wagon. That would be suicide for a new car. My hope is that they are thinking ahead and planning a whole family of body styles, you know, like it used to be. So the Volt could be a four door sedan, four door hatch back, four door wagon, two door coupe and two door convertible. Umm... Kind of like the old days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts