GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Mine doesn't do it sometimes. I'm not sure what triggers it to not happen...but voganni is right, there's an option for it in the menu. I think it's "menu prompt volume" or some non-obvious wording like that.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Someone probably grabbed the volume knob while it was playing and turned it down. Try just turning the volume up while it is playing.
I think that only works on Gen 1. I tried it and it makes the volume bar show up (with some obscurely labeled message, same as the menu option) but you can't adjust it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Just checked my gen 1. It's in Radio Settings, Audio Cue options. You need a check mark in Audio Cues to hear startup/shutdown sounds. Unchecked will be no sound. When checked you can set the volume, but cannot turn it all the way off.
That's what it was! "Audio Cue"!

·
Registered
874 Posts
I was driving a couple of friends to pick up a pizza, and one wanted to stay in the car while we went inside. I remote started it and unlocked it again as we went inside, and my friend said he heard the whoosh when I remote started it. So, it does play it, just not at a time you can hear it ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts