GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I have asked a few times how low a voltage it takes to cause a red light on the charger cord and I had planned to connect a few LONG power cords to make a larger voltage drop to find out. ( still on the to do list).

I can tell you 109 Volts to 125 Volts did work with the original charger cord.

The unit does test more than just input voltage but the only times I have had clicking off/on problems ( no red lights) was with a socket that was not making good contact. The tip of the plug did get warm/hot.

There still is a possibility your charger cord is the problem- I would test at low power 8 amps ( only 2 of the 4 green light on) and use a different socket on a different breaker circuit.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
A few of the regulars here use solar and should be able to advice you on what to look for and how to test.
DCFusor and Solar_dave being two.

Loading-grounding-Sine wave-voltage/current drop.

My 500 watt wind generator was not much help in car charging.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
That's great !!
DCFusor posted he would drop off Volt charging at times so not to drop his solar battery level.
As I recall before he added more Solar panels he was never charging the Volt to full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.