GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this will be a bit of a saga for describing all the various weird quirks I've noticed.

So back in Oct my 2017 had an accident with a coyote. When right through the grill and took out the radiator. I stopped immediately because I knew I had lost my coolant. Fast forward to getting the car back from the body shop after the bumper and radiator where replaced.
While driving it away I noticed stomping on the accel caused a ruff and weird transition to gas. Called the dealer and had them look into it. (had it for the weekend and it stalled accelerating out of a couple intersections)

They had it FOREVER! For five weeks their only volt trained tech had my volt and didn't have the car pulled part till he got order parts in. The clutch and various parts where what I was told was fixed. Finally got it back the first week of December. All was fine, drove for two weeks with no issues. However now I'm stuck thinking I'll be taking back to the dealer because the same issues have surfaced.

Short DL;DR: Accelerating while in normal mode with plenty of electric charge, rough transitions out of electric to gas. Sometimes quite violently shaking the car as it tries to clutch into the engine. Any ideas why? CODE: P079A transmission friction element A slip detected

I can feel the power cut and then if I keep my foot down it will try to start the engine and use that for power. So far my solution is when the power cuts to pull to the side as quick as possible. And stop the car so the engine will turn back off. Once it turns off the electric motors and power will work fine.

(No the engine isn't running due to low temp. No message appears)
20181225_190053.jpg

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
That's absolutely a "take it back to the dealer" situation. They missed some steps putting in the new parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts