GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a 2018 Volt and the driver's seat has a squeak / creak whenever I take turns or move within the seat.

Does anyone else have this issue? Have not been able to pin point where it is coming from...

Thanks,
Drew

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2017 Volt has the same issue. mild accel/decel and car rocking bumps will cause it. I've had it in to the dealer 4 times, and they eliminated the squeak 4 times by tightening stuff down and some lubrication? Only to have the squeak return after a week to 3 weeks. It is going back in, with a personal appointment with the service manager next. Or maybe a call to Chevy customer service? Haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I experienced this as well recently. I readjusted my seat into a different position, then back again, and the creak went away.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quick update to this one. After 5 visits to the dealer (got Chevy Cust Service involved after the 4th), the dealer swapped out the seat frame. This was in early October, and I haven't heard a squeak since.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Was there a technical service bulletin associated with this fix? Any info I can provide to my dealer would be appreciated.
Quick update to this one. After 5 visits to the dealer (got Chevy Cust Service involved after the 4th), the dealer swapped out the seat frame. This was in early October, and I haven't heard a squeak since.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Was there a technical service bulletin associated with this fix? Any info I can provide to my dealer would be appreciated.
To my knowledge there was not. And you're not likely to get too many dealers to do this. I had this issue and it eventually just went away.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hopefully I'll be that lucky. It feels like it's in the seatback or something. Whenever I accelerate away from a stop the seat shifts a bit. Very disconcerting...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts