GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got out to the garage this morning, I did not see the familiar green light blinking on the dash of the Volt. I thought perhaps I forgot to plug it in last night. No... it's plugged in. I look at the Voltec charger and do not see the two green lights. No red lights, no blinking lights... the thing is just flat dead. I thought perhaps a fuse had blown so I reset it at the panel in the basement. No luck. I reset it again (just because... you know...). Still no luck.

Do I need to have the unit powered down for some amount of time before it'll reset itself? Is there some sort of reset button on the unit? Is there a fuse inside the unit that needs to be replaced?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

·
4,874 Posts
You may want to see if the internal fuse on the SPX charger is blown. They can be replaced for under $10.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Strange. Mine died last week too. Exactly the same thing. No lights...nothing. Fortunately I am just under 2 years into my 3 year warranty so they are shipping me another one. Apparently the new one is an updated model. We'll see. I've got one more year left on the warranty.

Kahplah!

·
Administrator
20,761 Posts
The best thing about the SPX units is the light in the handle. The round design is cool, but these units fail way too often and the soldered in fuses are not user friendly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts