GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
20,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should GM consider making a sport sedan version of the Bolt based on the TRU 140S concept car? The rumor is Tesla's Model 3 will come in both a sedan and a hatchback version. The TRU 140S is a stylish car sharing some of the ELR's sexiness. However it also shares the two-door concept which may have drove some away from the ELR (in addition to price).

TRU 140S.jpg

Perhaps an Bolt TRU 140S could become the start of a new, sporty, exotic looking EV along the lines of the Corvette? I could also silence those whi think only Tesla can make a sexy EV.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Should GM consider making a sport sedan version of the Bolt based on the TRU 140S concept car? The rumor is Tesla's Model 3 will come in both a sedan and a hatchback version. The TRU 140S is a stylish car sharing some of the ELR's sexiness. However it also shares the two-door concept which may have drove some away from the ELR (in addition to price).
I believe performance should always be present with any future EV/EREV from GM. No need to advertise it with racing stripes or other obvious cues. Just knowing it has the capability is key to attracting positive attention and healthy sales.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
I like the idea. No surprise there. I would prefer the EREV Voltec though, since the TRU 140S is supposed to have eAssist anyway. Just go EREV instead, or as a second option. Still, if it was only a 200 mile or more EV, that might get me to switch.

2-doors aren't for the masses, but Corvettes aren't either.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Assuming the production Bolt will be somewhat watered down from the concept, I'd vote yes for a Bolt SS. Probably not based on the TRU 140S; rather a Bolt with more subtle changes. I'd like to see something sporting the Bolt concept's wheels and that orange paint job. And with the concept's jewel-like head and tail lamps. And maybe a little more go power than the standard Bolt.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
They may wait and see if the Bolt sedan sells first.

·
Administrator
20,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They may wait and see if the Bolt sedan sells first.
The Bolt concept looks more like a small CUV to me rather than a sedan, especially when compared to the Volt or the TRU. No?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
The Bolt concept looks more like a small CUV to me rather than a sedan, especially when compared to the Volt or the TRU. No?
Nowadays, who knows what is what.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

View attachment 80889

Perhaps an Bolt TRU 140S could become the start of a new, sporty, exotic looking EV along the lines of the Corvette? I could also silence those whi think only Tesla can make a sexy EV.
It would be called an EV1

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
For the highest possible sales, the formats should be a five passenger four door sedan and five to seven passenger four door CUV. Those are the most popular in the US. A two door coupe is totally the wrong way to go for mass sales.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts