GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was getting pretty dirty, so I decided to wash it today.

When I wash my car at home, I normally take a quick spin up a steep 1/4 mile hill near my house to dry it off a little. Since I was going to be topping off the charge tonight, I put the Volt in sport mode and punched it. I got a little tire chirp, then the car pulled like mad up the hill. Pretty impressive acceleration!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Gen I or II?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Gen I or II?
It is posted in a Gen2 forum, but that doesn't prove anything.

IMO, Volts need to cop a good flooring occasionally.

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
My car was getting pretty dirty, so I decided to wash it today.

When I wash my car at home, I normally take a quick spin up a steep 1/4 mile hill near my house to dry it off a little. Since I was going to be topping off the charge tonight, I put the Volt in sport mode and punched it. I got a little tire chirp, then the car pulled like mad up the hill. Pretty impressive acceleration!
You realize, don't you, that flooring it in sport vs. N doesn't change a thing right? All sport mode does is remap-the he accelerator to be more respond more to a slight press, but mashing it to the floor causes the volt to push as many electrons as they will allow to the drive wheels. Now if you were in hold mode (or maybe it's mountain mode) where the ice is participating, you might get a few tenths of seconds shaved off your 0-60 times mashing it to the floor.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It is fun. I remember my first hard acceleration (90%)... It was the combinations of power, smoothness and quiet that send a chill down my spine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts