GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Premium, Nav (no camera:( )
115 Posts
I do smell that smell of electricity like somethings blown
1. looking under the PCB (what is the PCB)?
2. plugging and un plugging the internals cable (which are the internals cable)?
3. What are over heating signs?
What am I looking for underneath the PCB though, then? And if I do see whatever it is, how do I fix it?
If there was an internal fuse, that would be about the only thing you could replace on your own. I did not see one, so you are out of luck. Beyond that, based on the first statement, it would appear that the magic smoke has been released from the unit. Unless you are able to capture all of the magic smoke and put it back into the box, the unit is cooked and will need replaced.

·
Registered
2011 Premium, Nav (no camera:( )
115 Posts
the first one appears to be a level 1 evse (max about 1.6kW) which may be a slight improvement over the stock evse.
the second one appears to have a European style plug, so make sure you get one that works in your location.

If charging time is important to you, consider getting a level 2 evse (i.e. 240V). You will likely need to have a new breaker/wiring/outlet added to your charging location.

I have seen that people have had good luck with Duosida. I bought a Megear Level 2 and am happy with it (4 months)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts