1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hopefully someone with specifics can chime in here... but I'm pretty sure he's had significant problems lately. Like needing a new battery or something. Not bad at 440k miles, of course, but I'd like to know exactly what he's been dealing with lately.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hopefully someone with specifics can chime in here... but I'm pretty sure he's had significant problems lately. Like needing a new battery or something. Not bad at 440k miles, of course, but I'd like to know exactly what he's been dealing with lately.
Yeah I would love to know specifics as well. Curious what things have been done to it in its lifespan so others might know what to expect.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out the links at the bottom if this page.

F

·
0 Posts
Is Sparkie on this forum. Last I heard, it wasn't reacting like new but still driving it. Suspected a traction battery problem. Took it to several Chevy dealers but they couldn't come up with a solution (find the problem). Suspicion turned to the planetary gears and the three clutches. A dealer in Quebec (lots of Volts sold in Quebec due to good rebates, high gas prices, (don't know about hydro prices) compared to the rest of Canada) told him to bring it up there and they would guarantee to fix it for him. He was going to have to wait until he could take time off from work. What's key here is although there is a problem it's still running. I don't have 440,000 miles left in me so if I get the same type of service from the car it will outlast me (and I'm in fine health thank you with long life genes).

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
So it was just the ECU, thats not bad at all. I replaced PCM's on Chryslers all the time with less than 30k miles so 300k+ miles for it to fail is not bad at all.
Could someone just post the link, all I see are sparkle 100,000 miles and other old news

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
6,314 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
and hopefully not issues like I am h aving at 52k where GM refuses to cover a harness under warranty that is high voltage from charge port to the module and my warranty book on page 16 says HIGH VOLTAGE WIRES are covered without any reference to particular ones only so one should be able to assume ALL wires from the charge port to the battery and electric drive ARE included. Because if he has to fix that out of pocket like I am trying to warranty recover cost me more than 800 bucks. I would never buy a used volt if this is the case because the VOLTEC warranty is useless for whatever GM decides in a moment notice what they want to cover. Im not happy. Dealer round 2 is trying to get it over turned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
and hopefully not issues like I am h aving at 52k where GM refuses to cover a harness under warranty that is high voltage from charge port to the module and my warranty book on page 16 says HIGH VOLTAGE WIRES are covered without any reference to particular ones only so one should be able to assume ALL wires from the charge port to the battery and electric drive ARE included. Because if he has to fix that out of pocket like I am trying to warranty recover cost me more than 800 bucks. I would never buy a used volt if this is the case because the VOLTEC warranty is useless for whatever GM decides in a moment notice what they want to cover. Im not happy. Dealer round 2 is trying to get it over turned.
Question, specifically which harness is it? Is it an actual Orange High Voltage wire? Or is it one of the wires for the 12v system that just monitor? Yes I know the charge port carries high voltage wires but depending on what the actual failure was (i.e. one of the 12v system wires) it wouldn't be covered. If the part number for what they replaced does in fact come back as on of the high voltage orange cables then the dealer should have covered it under warranty and they were the ones who shafted you not GM. Trying to claim something after the fact with ANY MANUFACTURER is a royal PITA because they don't have the reason the dealer refused coverage without further research which nobody wants to do because most dealers wont respond right away (i don't care who the manufacturer is, they are all the same, sorry to tell you this). Yes there are exceptions to dealers who will go out of their way to help you, but if they did you wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Why is this forum seemingly a PITA to post anything anymore. I am logged in, it keeps talknig about a token expired and i refresh the page showing still logged int and such. Causing me to open new windows, refind the thread, etc... I dont recall having this issue before and could simply post to a thread as long as I was logged in still as saved open in an open FF tab....anyway the answer to GHOST is....read the thread noted below at the URL still open and I am now waiting on the dealer again after twice with GM. But the short answer is its called a harness, has 3 x 240v capable wires to handle the house current and by chance is in a orange corrugated jacket not the solid rubber like the shorter ones you may be thinking of. But never the less they are all deathly currents and not simply 12v and fit the term HIGH VOLTAGE WIRES as the warranty booklet states is covered without direct exclusions of any of them. Thread title: Charge Fault Suddenly on 2014 Volt which I did not mean to continue in any way here except to note used volts and GM not standing by their VOLTEC warranty. I also put pictures of the harness there.
THE THREAD ==> http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread...nly-on-2014-Volt/page3&highlight=charge+fault

1 - 12 of 12 Posts