GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Any ideas on a spare tire for the gen 2 Volt?
Order it online or from your Chevy dealer parts department. Part #84034699. It will cost you about $400 and comes with all the hardware to mount it in the trunk.

IMG_2118.jpg

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Order it online or from your Chevy dealer parts department. Part #84034699. It will cost you about $400 and comes with all the hardware to mount it in the trunk.

View attachment 109746
Wow, I didn't realize it was that expensive. I am glad they offer it as an option though. That is like paying for four tows upfront, YIKES. Having said that, peace of mind is sometimes priceless too. I would hate to be stuck out at 3 AM without a spare tire. But then again, I would hate to be changing a tire at 3 am too ;) I personally keep a plug kit, and an extra can of fix a flat in the Volt, but sometimes there is no substitute for a spare tire.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Wow, I didn't realize it was that expensive. I am glad they offer it as an option though. That is like paying for four tows upfront, YIKES. Having said that, peace of mind is sometimes priceless too. I would hate to be stuck out at 3 AM without a spare tire. But then again, I would hate to be changing a tire at 3 am too ;) I personally keep a plug kit, and an extra can of fix a flat in the Volt, but sometimes there is no substitute for a spare tire.
I have a full size spare tire, which I paid about $330, without TPMS. The rim was purchased from another Volt owner who had an extra one and the OEM tire from Tire Rack. It is a bit heavy (about 44 pounds) and large - occupies most of the trunk area. I carry it for longer drives, otherwise it stays in the garage. Some peace of mind.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm sure it's already linked -- but there's a way to build pretty much an exact duplicate of the OEM 2nd gen volt spare tire kit for like $150 if you just order the various parts from places.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm sure it's already linked -- but there's a way to build pretty much an exact duplicate of the OEM 2nd gen volt spare tire kit for like $150 if you just order the various parts from places.
Also following the awesome advice on this forum, ordered all from ebay: Cruze '15 spare (which fits my '17 volt) scissor jack and lug wrench. And all for around $150 with free shipping - can't beat that, and the spare tire came inflated and ready to go!

Back to detailing my baby, day off work here.

Jimmy of Omaha

·
Registered
73 Posts

I'm thinking of getting a spare, but where did you get that great spare tire cover?

Cheers,
Tross

·
Registered
2,773 Posts

I'm thinking of getting a spare, but where did you get that great spare tire cover?

Cheers,
Tross
It came included with the kit ordered from Chevy Parts Dept.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts