GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can be listening to either XM or the Radio, when all of sudden, the music stops and the Source is changed to Aux Jack In. Nothing is plugged into the Aux Jack. I will change it back to XM and then it happens again. Sometimes, it will switch back to XM on its own, but will then go back to Aux Jack. It seems as if there is a short in the system.

Also, sometimes I turn on my car and the radio won't play at all. I have to hit the Phone button on the steering wheel and I will hear "Thank you, Goodbye." and then the radio will play. This has happened even though the phone is not in the car.

I posted another thread that the car did not charge at all last night. Maybe there is something seriously wrong with this car that I love so much!

3,600 Posts
I can be listening to either XM or the Radio, when all of sudden, the music stops and the Source is changed to Aux Jack In. Nothing is plugged into the Aux Jack. I will change it back to XM and then it happens again. Sometimes, it will switch back to XM on its own, but will then go back to Aux Jack. It seems as if there is a short in the system.

Also, sometimes I turn on my car and the radio won't play at all. I have to hit the Phone button on the steering wheel and I will hear "Thank you, Goodbye." and then the radio will play. This has happened even though the phone is not in the car.

I posted another thread that the car did not charge at all last night. Maybe there is something seriously wrong with this car that I love so much!
Momoftriplets,

I would call and inform your Volt Advisor. The radio may need to have an update completed. Your Advisor can assist with setting up the appointment and securing you rental while it is being diagnosed.

-Ian Chevrolet Volt Customer Service

1 - 2 of 2 Posts