GM Volt Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Std w Nav
5,033 Posts

That's not even REMOTELY at the level "the railway system" without context as you stated. Union Pacific, Great Northern Pensy, Baltimore & Ohio, Norfolk, Southern Pacific, etc. are "the railway system". This is about a couple suburban commuter lines and the article even itself suggests that the entire antitrust action was brought about as a means of selling those transit companies tires, fuel and vehicles, not shutting them down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 2012 volt keeps jumping from battery to Gas as it pleases.
Seems to maybe being a sensor ( heat / cool ) problem. Condition is worse in cold mornings and
first time driving it at any time of day. I now only get 25 miles on a full charge max.
I don't get any messages.
Sometimes I get an engine light with zero info on why.
Van

·
Administrator
22,266 Posts
My 2012 volt keeps jumping from battery to Gas as it pleases.
Seems to maybe being a sensor ( heat / cool ) problem. Condition is worse in cold mornings and
first time driving it at any time of day. I now only get 25 miles on a full charge max.
I don't get any messages.
Sometimes I get an engine light with zero info on why.
Van
You'd need a code reader to see the error codes, if any. Search for VCX Nano.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
it doesn't generate any codes
Just because the check engine light is not on, doesn’t mean it’s not generating any codes. Many codes can be stored until the error occurs a set number of times. THEN it turns on the light.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
The days of ownership of an Auto is about over. in 5 years no one will want to own a car. who ever wins out will make Autos to lease out like Hertz rent a car. they will all be autonomous. you order groceries from Kroger or Walmart, 40 minutes later a car drives up with your groceries, a robot gets out and takes you order to your house. You are later billed for the whole thing. You are charged for an Auto rental to deliver your order. If you have no other duties for the robot or rental car they return to their station and you will be charged a return fee.
Mark your calender and make sure to come back to say "I told you so"

:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mark your calender and make sure to come back to say "I told you so"

:ROFLMAO:
Mass market will be for 3rd world countries and remote places.
Why buy a car when it's not needed?
Look what is gone or on it's way out, Malls, Box stores, buildings where people drive to work and then back home. ( people staying at home to work provide less sense to OWN a vehicle of any kind. ) Robotics will stagger the coming business model. Politics wants a two income system, rich and poor with zero middle class. Why pay thousands a year for a vehicle that sits in your drive or a parking lot 75% of the time.
Even if your a tradesman and use a truck all the time, a rental where everything that goes wrong with it is a no charge repair?
ROFLOL yourself.

·
Administrator
22,266 Posts
I think car makers are interested in a monthly revenue stream, besides the rental (leasing) fees they already get. VW is toying with the idea of a subscription fee for certain upgrades/services.

It’s probably a bit premature to say that pay-per-use is not going to happen because that subscription framework is really taking a lot of space in other businesses. We also see that the sharing economy is getting momentum. This is basically also why we bought a car rental company: we think this business model of sharing usage will increase fast. Sharing will not substitute ownership, at least not in the next 10 years or so, but it will grow a lot, and this allows for additional revenue streams. I fully agree. We have to run the car, and we have to provide services, but you have to see that this allows us an additional source of income.
Customers will be prepared for some features they didn’t buy at the start, probably after a few years or after a few months — even if they consider taking another option or another software feature, the customers would be prepared to pay a monthly fee or a one-time expenditure. We estimate that the big difference is that we keep the residual value of the car higher, we keep the car fresher, and we get a better customer experience. When Apple started the smartphone business, the income from their services, from the apps, was very, very low. Now, it’s—

41 - 49 of 49 Posts