GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2018 Volt premier with all the extras including adaptive cruise. Can't wait to receive it sometime next month, and looking forward to learning and sharing in this forum!

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I ordered a 2018 Volt premier with all the extras including adaptive cruise. Can't wait to receive it sometime next month, and looking forward to learning and sharing in this forum!
Welcome to the forum. Where in NA do you live? Will you use the Volt primarily for commuting or for other driving? If for work, can you charge at your workplace? How do you plan to charge where you live (Level 1, Level 2, none)? What is your current primary vehicle and what other vehicles did you consider, if any, before ordering your 2018 Volt Premier. Color?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently I have 2 vehicles a 2008 BMW 328 Convertible for work (which the Volt is replacing), and a 2011 Acura MDX which will remain as the family vehicle until a suitable / affordable / Luxury plugin SUV can replace it. I live in the Greater Toronto Area of Ontario Canada. BTW, the BMW is currently up for sale at $13,900 (160,000 km on it). My Volt is white. My plan was to test drive a whole bunch (Smart for 2, BMW i3, Hyundai Ionic, Nissan Leaf, e-golf, Bolt). In the end, the first car I test drove was the BMW i3, and the second I test drove was the Volt. As soon as I drove the Volt, I knew I wanted it and didn't bother test driving any others. I don't have a charger at work, but my daily commute to / from work is 26 km. For now I plan to use the standard charger and plug it in every night. If I find it necessary, I may get a level 2 charger installed later on. I went all in on my Volt, premier, driver confidence packages, adaptive cruise, navigation, pretty much fully loaded! The wait time is 4-6 weeks and I expect to receive it mid June. I didn't consider the Tesla Model 3 due to a 12-18 month wait time. However, a friend of mine's turn is coming up in 4 weeks and he doesn't want it so he offered it to me. I briefly thought of cancelling the Volt and taking his Model 3, but decided to stick with the Volt because it is more established, has gas backup, is cheaper, and has all the features I want, plus it's easy to find a dealer to take it to in case of any problems. What made me switch? Both my BMW and Acura only take premium fuel and with the current gas prices that gets up to $1.60 sometimes! I got fed up and based on a quick and dirty calculation I figured I'm spending about $400 a month on gas for the BMW, if I can make the same monthly payment on the Volt, I won't be spending much more out of pocket, but simply replacing a gas payment with a car payment.

G

·
Congratulations! I'm thinking my next vehicle will be a Volt or Bolt. I've considered the purchase of both but neither offsets the practicality of my current car.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Congratulations! I'm thinking my next vehicle will be a Volt or Bolt. I've considered the purchase of both but neither offsets the practicality of my current car.
So what is lacking with the Volt or Bolt that prevents you from replacing your current vehicle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts